The world's leading resource for to diagnosing and treating any injury - quickly, safely, and effectively
Unparalleled in its breadth and depth of expertly crafted content, Trauma takes you through the full range of injuries you are likely to encounter. With a full-color atlas of anatomic drawings and surgical approaches, this trusted classic provides thorough coverage of kinematics and the mechanisms of trauma injury, the epidemiology of trauma, injury prevention, the basics of trauma systems, triage, and transport, and more. It then reviews generalized approaches to the trauma patient, from pre-hospital care and managing shock, to emergency department thoracotomy and the management of infections; delivers a clear, organ-by-organ survey of treatment protocols; and shows how to handle specific challenges in trauma - including alcohol and drug abuse, and combat-related wounds - in addition to post-traumatic complications such as multiple organ failure.
- 500 photos and illustrations
- Color atlas
- Numerous X-rays, CT scans, and algorithms
- High-yield section on specific approaches to the trauma patient
- A-to-Z overview of management of specific traumatic injuries
- Detailed discussion of the management of complications
Learn more and order here.